How can I visit Puy du Fou in 2 or 3 days?
With its breathtaking shows, enchanting performances, spectacular sets, as well as period villages and an idyllic setting of over 370 acres at the heart of a centuries-old forest, Puy du Fou is a must-see destination in France. The “Best Park in the World” offers a fabulous journey through time at the heart of nature… and if you stay for two days (or more), you’ll be sure to have enough time to make the most of this unique experience!
What can I do in two days at Puy du Fou?
More than an amusement park, Puy du Fou is an epic destination offering a rich and varied adventure. Historic villages, authentic sets, epic shows, immersive adventures, artistic feats, night-time enchantments, strolls in a haven of greenery, themed hotels to prolong the enjoyment and turn it into a magical overnight stay… The emotions are for all the family to share in this legendary place. Two or three days are the ideal length of time to discover all the riches of the park, and experience new surprises with each performance or discovery!
What are the most unmissable shows at Puy du Fou? If you would like to follow a balanced schedule and spread the experiences evenly across two days, plan the following for each day: 3 or 4 main shows, 2 immersive adventures, time for a stroll in the period villages, and a walk in the park and in Puy du Fou’s centuries-old forest. Depending on the weather forecast, especially if rain or very hot weather is expected on one of the two days, choose that day to attend covered or indoor shows: “Mousquetaire de Richelieu”, “Le Dernier Panache”, “Le Mime et l'Étoile”, “Le Signe du Triomphe” along with the four immersive adventures. You’ll have plenty to do and can spend the second day enjoying all the other experiences that take place outdoors.
To make the most of the park, we recommend arriving early in the morning - between 9am and 9.30am - and catching the first shows of the day. In addition, it’s best to arrive at the stands 30 minutes before the start of the performances.
Sleeping and eating at Puy du Fou
Prolong the journey through time at nightfall and stay in one of the six historic hotels, directly accessible on foot from the park. Choose the century you wish to sleep in and enjoy sweet dreams in these enchanting and surprising settings.
Also bear in mind that there are about fifty external places to stay, close to the park, which you can book on our website or by phone*.
*Information and booking: +33 820 09 10 10 (€0.12/min from a landline in France)
For lunch or dinner, the food at Puy du Fou is spectacular, too. From fast food to gastronomic dining, there are around twenty restaurants available to visitors, guaranteeing a unique culinary experience! To be sure of getting a table, we strongly recommend booking the restaurants at the same time as your tickets (you’ll save up to -15% per meal this way). For those in a hurry, there’s a “Click & Collect” service for takeaway food in the Puy du Fou mobile app. Our tip: opt for lunch at one of the restaurants in the park and make a reservation for dinner at the hotels in La Cité Nocturne… At the end of the afternoon, treat yourself to a typically French “apéritif” at “La Grange aux Fiefs”, in the village of “Chasseloup”, to enjoy a selection of wines and local products.
Organising your weekend and stay at Puy du Fou
In order to be well-prepared for your weekend and make the most of your stay at Puy du Fou, you can plan your activities for each day by checking the day’s schedule, available the night before on our website and our mobile app, or on the morning of your visit at the park entrance. Puy du Fou adjusts the number of shows on a daily basis according to expected visitor numbers. Make sure you allow enough time to get from one show to another, and favour visits or activities that are close to each other so you don’t end up going back and forth across the park…
Don’t speak French? Don’t worry, the Puy du Fou mobile app offers a live translation of all the shows at the park, in audio or subtitled versions.
If you like, the app can also help you organise your stay with a specially designed schedule generator.
Organising a stay of 3 days at Puy du Fou?
Spending 3 days visiting Puy du Fou means you will have plenty of time to discover all the shows, activities and villages in the park… and even rewatch your favourite shows! It also means you won’t need to arrive early in the morning on the first day or go home too late on the last day.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your 3-day stay at Puy du Fou:
- Plan your journey and book your tickets, hotels and restaurants ahead of time (up to 72 hours before your arrival date). This way, you’ll be sure of availability and save money.
- Download the Puy du Fou mobile app. With the app, you can access a live audio translation (remember to bring your headphones) or subtitles in English for all the shows, and create a personalised schedule to suit your tastes.
- Check the schedule before you come. The show schedule is adjusted daily according to visitor numbers and the weather forecast (the performances still take place even if it rains!).
- Plan your day ahead of time. The day’s schedule is available the night before on our website or our mobile app, and on the morning of your visit at the park entrance.
- Arrive at the stands for the main shows 30 minutes before the start of each performance.
- Take account of travel time between shows and favour visits or activities that are close to each other so you don’t end up going back and forth across the park.
- Book the “Pass Émotion” at least one day ahead to benefit from preferred seating at the 7 main shows and be able to arrive just 10 minutes before the start of the performance. Please note: There is a limit on the number of these passes issued.