What’s a cookie?
We will explain below how our partners, third parties and we ourselves use these technologies.
The website is the property of PUY DU FOU ESPAÑA, S.A. (Hereinafter “PUY DU FOU”), entered in the Trade and Companies Register of Toledo, Volume 1,640, Folio 38, official page TO-39278, First inscription, under tax identification code A-45871472.
On our website, we use third-party cookies (Google Analytics from Google Inc.), which personalise the advertisements on pages visited by inserting content that is relevant for our users.
If you continue browsing using a browser that is configured to accept cookies, it is assumed that you accept that cookies will be installed as set out in our policy on cookies.
2.- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are sent to a user when they visit a website; they are installed in the device that the user uses for browsing (computer, smartphone, etc.) to obtain information about that browsing or a unique code that can be used to identify the user.
Amongst other things, cookies allow websites to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing history or equipment. Depending on the information contained and the way in which the equipment is used, this data may be used to identify the user.
These technologies, which are essential for the proper operation, integrity, availability and relevance of the contents of this website, significantly improve the quality of service provided by facilitating the browsing and use of the website.
3.- What do cookies do?
4.- Types of cookies and what they are used for
Below, you will find information on the types of cookies we use and what they do:
1. Cookies managed by entities:
Depending on the nature of the entity that manages the device or the domain from which the cookies are send and where the data obtained is process, there are different types of cookie:
- Internal cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s device via the website.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s device via a device or domain that is not managed by PUY DU FOU, i.e. It is managed by an entity that processes the data gathered via cookies. Since cookies are installed by these third parties, the blocking and uninstallation of cookies are governed by the specific terms and conditions and methods of those third parties.
2. Cookies with activation periods in devices.
- Session cookies: these are a type of cookie used to gather and store data when a user accesses a web page. These cookies are stored in the user's device until the user’s browsing session is closed.
- Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to store data in the user's device and leave it accessible for processing for a period defined by the party managing the cookies, which can be anywhere from a few minutes to several years.
3. Cookies with purposes.
- Technical cookies: these are used i) to identify you when you log into our website; ii) to adapt the presentation of our website, our applications and the adverts displayed to match the preferences of your device (language used, resolution, etc.); iii) to display the operating system used, etc., based on the content and display or reading programs included on your device; iv) to make it easier for you to browse our website; v) to improve your user experience by filling in certain fields in our forms.
- Analytical cookies: When you visit our website www.puydufou.com, we install cookies on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) in accordance with your preferences, which allows us to compile statistics and determine how often the various elements making up our site www.puydufou.com (tabs and contents visited, itineraries, etc.) are visited and used. The aim is to make our services more appealing and more user-friendly.
The information set out below is intended to explain the different types of cookies that are installed via the website.
- to identify you when you log into our website;
- to adapt the presentation of our website, our applications and the adverts displayed to match the preferences of your device (language used, resolution, etc.);
- to display the operating system used, etc., based on the content and display or reading programs included on your device;
- to make it easier for you to browse our website; v) to improve your user experience by filling in certain fields in our forms.
IF 13 MONTHS
Compiles statistics and determines volume of visits and usage of the various elements that make up our site www.puydufou.com (tabs and content visited, itineraries). The aim is to make our services more appealing and more user-friendly.
5.- Configuring, deactivating and deleting cookies
Users can access their browser preferences to prevent cookies being installed, delete existing cookies and/or remove them before browsing other pages of the website.
Each web browser has a different procedure for configuring its cookies and preferences. This procedure is defined in your browser's Help menu. It will allow you to change your cookie preferences.
“Tools” menu > "Internet options” > “Confidentiality”
Use your cursor to set your preferences with regard to cookies. If you click on “Advanced”, you can set your advanced cookie preferences manually.
Click on “Accept” to save your preferences.
“Tools” menu > “Options” > “Privacy & Security”
History section: From the “Remember history” drop-down menu , select “Use custom settings for history”.
The parameters shown will allow you to configure your preferences for cookies and how long they are stored (refuse all cookies, accept cookies or refuse third-party cookies. . .)
Click on “Accept” to save your preferences.
Click on the “Customise and check Chrome” at the upper-right of the browser bar.
Select “Parameters”, then go to “Advanced parameters”.
Under the “Confidentiality and security” section, go to the “Content parameters” menu.
You can set your preferences for cookies by ticking “Block third-party cookies”.
Under the "Safari” menu > “Preferences” > the “Confidentiality” icon
Set your cookie preferences (Block cookies + Third parties and advertisers).
Netscape 6.X et 7.X
“Edit” menu > “Preferences” > “Confidentiality and security” > “Cookies“
Opera 6.0 and subsequent versions
“File” menu > “Preferences” > “Privacy & security”
For more information:
- For Internet ExplorerTM : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-EN/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies,
- For SafariTM : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html,
- For ChromeTM : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647,
- For FirefoxTM : http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies,
- For OperaTM : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html,
6. More information on data protection
6.1 Data controller
The data controller is PUY DU FOU, whose full name and contact details are set out below:
PUY DU FOU ESPAÑA, S.A.
Tax ID code ES A45871472
Address: C/Cuesta de Carlos V, nº 9, 1ª Planta. CP 45001 Toledo, Spain.
Phone: +34 925 28 05 98
6.2 Purposes of processing
The purposes for processing cookies are the purposes set out under paragraph 4 (“Types of cookies and what they are used for”).
6.3 Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing is the consent of the user, which may be withdrawn at any time via the cookie configuration procedure described in paragraph 5 (“Configuring, deactivating and deleting cookies”).
6.4 Recipient of data
PUY DU FOU does not share any information it receives.
In addition, with regard to the third-party cookies defined in paragraph 4 (“Types of cookies and what they are used for”), users are reminder that these cookies are sent either from a domain not managed by PUY DU FOU, i.e. by the third party concerned, or from our domain, but the information gathered is still managed by the third party.
6.5 Transfer to third-party countries
We do not transfer any personal data associated with the cookies described in this document to third-party countries.
6.6 Conservation period
The periods for which cookies are conserved are set out under paragraph 4 (“Types of cookies and what they are used for”).
6.7 Rights of interested parties
Users may apply to PUY DU FOU to exercise the following rights, where possible: accessing, correcting or deleting personal data, restricting its processing or opposing its processing, as well as the right of data portability, by e-mail (email@example.com) or by writing to C/Cuesta de Carlos V, nº 9, 1ª Planta. CP 45001 Toledo, Spain
Similarly, users may ask the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) for information on the confidentiality and data protection practices of PUY DU FOU and may submit a claim to that authority if PUY DU FOU fails to satisfy their request previously made to exercise their rights.
You can find more information about these rights in our data protection policy.
6.8 Compiling profiles
If the use agrees to cookies for analytical purposes, their browsing will be tracked and a profile will be drawn up based on their behaviour, with the objective of making statistical deductions and introducing improvements to the website.
If the user consents that the information obtained via the cookies may be used for behavioural advertising purposes, their browsing will be analysed and they will see advertisements based on their interests as recorded in the profile drawn up on the basis of their browsing.
7.- Updating our policy on cookies
Latest version: Thursday 20 December 2018